Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Lately

Whoops!  So, I took an accidental blogging hiatus.
I'm gonna blame it on the fact that I visited my parents two weeks in a row where there is no Internet besides what my 3G can muster and the fact that I would rather be cuddling with this sweet little thing...
I could just gobble her up all day long.
Anyway, she is currently snoozin' as she swings, so I thought I'd take to the old blog to do a quick update on what's been goin' on around here.
As you can imagine, due to my lack-o-blogging I have about one gazillion things to share with you from Trudy and McCartney's bestfriendship to how our fridge is healthier than it's ever been and even a Day in the Life post that I penned and never hit publish on.  So, perhaps this will be the week that I will be lighting up the Internet with my oversharing.
Sound like a plan?  Awesome.
Let's see, what else is new?

:: Can you believe that little miss is 6 months old now?  I know!  It may have been two weeks late but I FINALLY put up her monthly post.  Better late than never thought, right?  She's doing so many fun, new things everyday...she just blows my mind! Last night, she crawled.  Yes, crawled.  Like a legitimate crawl - not even an army wiggle or anything like that.  I was folding laundry on the bed, looked down at her playing, and there she was trucking it across the room.  I tried to get it on film, but she got camera shy and of course she didn't repeat it the rest of the night despite her Ben and my cheers.  I have a feeling though that by the end of this week I'll be chasing her around.

:: Anyone that knows me knows that I am obsessed OBSESSED with the Royal Couple.  I was right there with the rest of the world on Door Watch 2013.  And I cried.  No, wait, I didn't.  I bawled.  Yes, happy, joyful sobs for William and Kate (hence why Ben thinks I'm crazy).  And, of course, when I found out that they had a little boy I just couldn't hide my enthusiasm:
But it looks like McCartney might have some competition. ;o)

:: Ben's birthday is this weekend and he is turning the dirty 30.  I've got some fun plans underway and to say that I am e-x-c-i-t-e-d is an understatement.  I can't say much more since there are a lot of surprises.

:: However, I am further along on McCartney's 1st birthday plans.  I know, I've got half a year left to plan it but when it comes to parties I don't mess around.

:: If you have a second, you should clickity click on over to my friend Erin's blog and enter her giveaway.  It's cute, cute, cute and even though it lowers my chances of winning, you should still do it. ;o)

:: Bachelorette Finale Thoughts:  I was Team Brooks just because of how she felt about him, but all along I would have chosen Chris.  So you can guess how elated I was when she ended up with him.  Tears of joy my friends!  I know, I'm pathetic.  Besides the fact that he was romantic, funny, and still a man's man, he was a baseball player.  Basically, he was my Ben in Bachelorette contestant form.
Which brings me to my second point, I think they could be twins.
Ben, will you accept my final rose?
:: Speaking of that Ben of mine, we took a little date to Lowe's a few nights ago to look at refrigerators.  Long story short, our oldoldold refrigerator (the one that I painted back in 2011 because it was in such bad condition) is going to be evicted here soon.  I mean, I'm thankful for it...it works.  But right after McCartney was born it started making this sound: "EEEEHRHRRRHRHHEEERRRRRR."  Just shout that out loud at the top of your lungs and you'll get the picture.  Since then I've been shopping around online for a good deal since I feel like it might not have much life left in it.  Then the other day I went to put away some milk and the handle fell off. :o|  So, after flooding Ben's phone with pictures of our literally-falling-apart fridge followed by pictures of an awesome deal I had found he agreed to venture with me on a little kitchen shopping date.  Man, this long story didn't turn out short at all, did it?  Anyway, second attempt at a long-story-short, it was a fun little date night.  We didn't make any purchases since we decided wait until the next big holiday sale and purchase an entire kitchen suite instead, but it was definitely fun to plan.  When we bought our house, our realtor recommended replacing the appliances since they are old and outdated.  So, hopefully we can do that here soon so I can actually enjoy them for a few years.  This will give you an idea of the look we're going for.

:: Since I'm one of those people that always needs a project, in the meantime I purchased some paint to redo our office.  While the initial paint job did make a world of a difference, it is just too dark.  Plus, I use it more than Ben does so I need to make a space for myself in the other corner.  We're opting for a lighter color...sculptors clay to be exact.  We're also getting ready to redo our counters using the Rustoleum Countertops kit.  We figure that it would be better to get that mess done before we bring in the appliances.  Have any of you ever done it?  I've heard muy bueno things about it.

:: After 6 months of only working out once, I've finally started to get back into a fitness routine.  I really have no excuse since we have an elliptical in the basement.  True long story short: I'm out of shape.

Annnnnd that's a wrap for now.  McCartney just started growling in her swing so it's time to play!

Over and Out,
Kelly Jo

2 comments:

  1. LOL!!!! I thought I was the only Royal Crazy round here! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back! I need to jump back on the exercise train, too. Now that Sophie's nights are more predictable, I really don't have a good excuse. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what other people have to say so please comment away! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...