Joining Jen once again for some 7(ish) Quick Takes.
With only a few more days left in 2012, I couldn't think of a better time to look at our year in review.
1. We enjoyed a quiet start to the year by taking note of the funny random moments, daily joys, and sweet things. Apparently not much went on in the Spring, but that was okay because we were about to be in for a big surprise!
2. On June 19th we celebrated our one-year wedding anniversary. To say that the first year of being husband and wife had been amazing would be an understatement. I'm seriously the luckiest gal in the world.
3. We also celebrated the one year anniversary of the best furry addition that we ever made to our family, our Trudy.
4. After surviving a year of crazy rotations, including another two months of the joyous schedule that is night float, Ben began his second year in residency on July 1st and I shared what I had learned so far about being a doctor's wife.
5. Then came the time to share the most exciting news of the year - we found out that we were pregnant! We were so excited to share the news with the world, especially after keeping it to ourselves for what felt like forever!
Everyone was so excited, especially our families. To this day, everyone still tells us that we need to send the video of telling my mom and dad into Ellen or the Today Show...
6. In August, we celebrated Ben turning 29 (aka almost 30), while I stayed young and hip turning just a fresh 27 in September.
7. One of the happiest highlights of 2012 had to be when surrounded by our family we found out that we were having a little girl!
8. While Ben's crazy hours at work got longer and longer, my baby bump got bigger and bigger. Even though his schedule in the fall with trauma was pretty rough, I survived.
10. And now, here we are! Ready to pop and so excited! There is still time to add "gave birth" to our 2012 Year in Review, but I'm thinking we'll be saving that one for 2013.
Needless to say, looking back on 2012 is a little overwhelming. It was just filled with blessings and I can't thank God enough for everything. I can't wait until 2013 and what it has in store for us - I have a feeling that we are in for a pretty fun ride.
In the meantime, Happy New Year's everyone!
Over and Out,